Due to its high demand, we are now planning the following classes in the coming months.
1. Homebrew - Koji&Fermentation class Basic (糀と発酵食の会 - 気軽に学ぶ基礎クラス) 40E
2. Homebrew - Koji&Fermentation class Advanced (糀と発酵食の会 - 菌まで学ぶオタククラス) 55E
3. Make your own Miso&weekend cooking workshop (お味噌を仕込んで美味しいご飯を食べる会) 45E
The dates are tentative. / 日程は未定です。投票で決めます。
For repeaters for overlapping content, welcome-back coupon (30% OFF) will apply.
The potential dates will be given on new event pages so we can decide together. Vote on the dates on the event pages above.
In 1&2, you will learn Koji making from A to Z, and crucial Japanese fermented food: Miso, Shoyu, Tsukemono, Amazake, Shio-Koji, and more.
- #1 is a basic class focusing on home Koji making for beginners who also want to take in Japanese fermentation into daily life. You will also learn a bit about Washoku culture and have some sample tasting.
- #2 is an advanced class for those who want to know about Aspergillus Oryzae and more detailed and technical scheme of Koji making. On the top of everything you learn in the basic class #1, you will be guided through history of Koji, Japanese food culture, and more. The forever Koji researcher Marika tells you everything about Japanese mould, Aspergillus oryzae and other strains that concern Washoku. You will also have a good volume of Koji derived dishes. See further details in the previous event page. (Click "About" there.)
- #3 is Miso&cooking class. you will have a lecture of Miso culture in Japan, and in the practical part you will have a hands-on experience and get all the crucial tips and tricks how to prepare beans (very important) and koji, and how to maintain your Miso for further fermentation process. The later half of class we will cook hearty meal using Miso that's made in the previous year workshops. On the round table we will have a lovely late lunch all together.
Japanese fermented food expert